How we collect your personal data
- We collect your personal data when you subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists and when you register to our events;
- We may collect your personal data when you collaborate with us on some European projects and initiatives, or when you participate to any other activities and events we organize;
- We may collect your personal data from public sources online in the public domain, if your data is directly linked to Check First activities and working topics (i.e. disinformation, open source intelligence, ...).
What kind of personal data we collect, store and process
The personal data we may collect, store and process are: your name and surname, your gender, your email address, your phone number, your job position and organisation, and your professional postal address.
What do we use and process your personal data for
We may use your personal data in order to:
- send you our monthly newsletter;
- send you other newsletters of various frequency from European projects or other campaigns and initiatives we manage;
- send you, a few times a year, direct targeted emailing for the promotion of our events, projects and new publications;
- when you register online to our events, the data you provide on our registration forms are used by us to manage your registration and to enable us to communicate with you for the purpose of the event.
- produce dashboard or data analyse for European projects or other campaigns and initiatives we manage;
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters and mailing list at any time, using the subscription link that you can find in every issue of our newsletters and in the footer of every message that you receive from our mailing lists.
Under no circumstances do we share your personal data with third organization, except for project managed by multiple organisations (see project terms and conditions), if a competent authority demands it or if we have your express permission.
Where and how long will we store your data
Your personal data will be kept with us until you notify us that you would like your information to be erased.
Your data are stored on a server of our sub-contractor OVH France. This company is based in France and stores its data in France. Your personal information will not be stored out of the European economic area, even in a cloud.
What are your data protection rights?
- You have the right to obtain from Check First confirmation of whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed by us, and access to them.
- You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data from Check First records.
- You have the right to object or obtain restriction of processing.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Check First at email@example.com. We will answer within a maximum delay of 8 days.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Check First at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform our data protection officer Amaury Lesplingart at email@example.com
How to contact us