This one-and-a-half-day conference open to general public will take place in Prague under the auspices of the Czech Presidency of the European Union. Leading experts and key stakeholders – including NGOs, academics, think tanks, practitioners, and legislative and technology actors – will contribute to exploring a comprehensive range of topics.
The complexity of the problem of information disorders will be addressed in discussions focused on a wide range of topics, including:
● the impact and regulation of disinformation
● strengthening democracy in the context of declining trust and increasing societal fragmentation
● the current role of media and the Russian invasion of Ukraine
● foreign interference
● the relation between technology and disinformation
● efforts to boost media and information literacy.
We empower the fight against disinformation. Check First is a software and methodologies company founded by a developer and two journalists. We focus on creating the best tools and practices for the peculiar job of countering and monitoring fakes and influence campaigns, and gain time in the process by fostering collaboration. Our best asset is the complementarity of our founding team, making us approach problems in a comprehensive and innovative way.Our story